24/7 breakdown and roadside assistance for peace of mind
When you rent a vehicle with Avis Malta, you automatically receive a basic level of roadside assistance included in your quote and available in both islands - Malta & Gozo. Should you experience any mechanical difficulties with the vehicle, we will get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
However, Avis also offers additional services (Roadside Safety Net) to support renters when common issues such as flat batteries or locked-in keys arise. You can read more about the different levels of services below.
What services are included in your quoted price?
Working with the leading motorist assistance companies, we provide a full 24-hour breakdown and roadside assistance service that ensures peace of mind for our customers. Avis will provide a number, connecting you to our emergency roadside assistance, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
How the Breakdown Service works
No matter where you are, Avis will provide a replacement vehicle if required, and do our best to minimise any inconvenience to you. If you need assistance during your rental, details of the emergency number will be provided in the rental agreement wallet or displayed inside the vehicle.
What if I have an accident?
If you are involved in an accident, property damage or injury, you should do the following:
- Call the Avis Roadside Assistance number - +356 21246 640 (applicable to both Malta and Gozo).
- If necessary, immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and the emergency services in case anyone is injured.
- Do not leave the vehicle without making sure it is safe.
- Write down names and addresses of all people involved and any witnesses.
- Never admit liability.
- Fill in the accident form included in your rental papers or at the Avis offices as directed by our staff when you make the call.
- Under no circumstances should you have the car repaired without prior and formal approval of Avis.
What if I break down or need help on the road?
Avis provides free 24 hour Roadside Assistance for your Avis rental car anywhere in Malta & Gozo. Just call the number provided also on your rental document - +356 21246 640.
Please check with the staff at the rental location to confirm what breakdown or accident assistance is available.
Avis provides free 24 hour Roadside Assistance in case of breakdown or accident involving your Avis rental car anywhere and this service is usually included in your rental.
Avis Roadside Safety Net (RSN)
Get all the benefits of stress-free motoring when you add Roadside Safety Net to your rental.
In addition to the standard breakdown assistance included in your rental, you will also receive support for common problems like flat batteries and locked-in keys. You won't even have to worry about call-out charges of €50 per call-out! Now that's great value.
What services does it include?
- Tyre Assistance - We’ll replace a flat or damaged tyre with the spare or provide a tow to the nearest service facility (replacement tyre costs are an additional charge unless you have also purchased a package with zero excess reduction on vehicle and tyre damage)
- Flat Battery - If your vehicle experiences battery failure, we will provide a jump start
- Lock Out Service - We’ll help you gain entry when keys are locked inside the vehicle
- Fuel Delivery - If you run out of fuel, we will deliver fuel to your location to get you on your way*
* Fuel charges will apply
How much do these additional services cost?
For only €5 per day inc VAT (to a maximum charge of 10 days), Avis Roadside Safety Net offers additional peace of mind at an extremely reasonable price. To purchase these services, speak to your Avis rental assistant at the time of collecting your vehicle from the counter.
If you are unsure about anything, please do not hesitate to call us on +356 25677 114 or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be delighted to assist you.